Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Port St. Lucie Family & Divorce Attorney > Video FAQs > Parole and Probation > What happens if I violate my probation or parole in Florida?

What happens if I violate my probation or parole in Florida?

If you’re charged with a violation of probation, you get to have a hearing in front of a judge. At that hearing, the prosecutors must prove by a preponderance of the evidence whether or not you violated that probation. Is it more likely than not that that was violated? If you’re found to have violated your probation, you can be sentenced on the original charge.

If the original charge carry with it a maximum of five years in prison, the judge can sentence you up to five years in prison. You will be given credit for all the time you’ve already served inside custody. In other words, in a jail or a prison. You do not get credit for time served for being on probation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Port St. Lucie 8483 S. U.S. Highway One
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34952
Stuart By Appointment Only 100 SW Albany Ave., Suite 300k
Stuart, FL 34994
Fort Pierce By Appointment Only 311 S 2nd St., Suite 102b
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Telephone: 772-466-0707 Fax: 772-223-9290 or 772-466-0907 Office Hours: 8:30 to 5:00pm M-F