Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law, Divorce & Estate Planning
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

What happens if I violate my probation or parole in Florida?

If you’re charged with a violation of probation, you get to have a hearing in front of a judge. At that hearing, the prosecutors must prove by a preponderance of the evidence whether or not you violated that probation. Is it more likely than not that that was violated? If you’re found to have violated your probation, you can be sentenced on the original charge.

If the original charge carry with it a maximum of five years in prison, the judge can sentence you up to five years in prison. You will be given credit for all the time you’ve already served inside custody. In other words, in a jail or a prison. You do not get credit for time served for being on probation.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation