Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law & Criminal Defense Attorneys
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

Can my child’s father be ordered to pay for my child’s college education in Florida?

A child who reaches the age of 18 and graduates high school in Florida is no longer under the supervision of the courts within the family law system. A court will not on its own, order the parent to pay for the higher education and college education. However, there can be opportunities in the beginning, in the dissolution of marriage or the establishment of paternity, where parents can agree that they will pay for all of or a portion of a child’s education. Once the judge signs that order, that order is enforceable, even though without an agreement of the parties, a judge on his or her own ruling cannot decide that on their own and cannot enforce it without the agreement of all the parties.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation