Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law, Divorce & Estate Planning
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

The father of my child will not admit paternity. What can I do in Florida?

In Florida, if a father will not admit the paternity, you can still file a paternity action. At that point, the father will have the choice of either admitting paternity or submitting to a DNA test. Depending on the results of the DNA test, that person could then be named the father of that child. At that point, once they’re established as the father, they will then have parental rights, responsibilities, and that would include child support, time-sharing, and the parental responsibilities associated with education, healthcare, and the various other aspects of upbringing your child.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation