Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law, Divorce & Estate Planning
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

Can paternity be established for my child if the father lives in another state?

Paternity itself can be established so long as jurisdiction in Florida is established and that would be by the child residing in Florida for six months prior to the filing of the paternity action. At that point, Florida has jurisdiction over the child and can establish paternity. Along with that, the courts will establish child support and depending upon the situation for jurisdiction over the father, time-sharing can be established as well all in one action.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation