Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law, Divorce & Estate Planning
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

Can either parent establish paternity through a court in Florida?

Either a mother or a father can file for paternity action. The paternity action initiated by the mother would be perhaps to encourage the father to pay child support. Paternity actions by the father are oftentimes because the father wants to go ahead and have his rights established in order to have influence over time-sharing and parental responsibility.

In Florida, either parent can initiate a paternity action. Florida encourages that paternity be established in order to protect the child moving forward.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation