Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law & Criminal Defense Attorneys
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

At what age can a child decide which parent to live with?

There is no magic age in Florida for a child to make the determination of, do they want to be with mom or dad? It doesn’t work that way in the state. A child’s wishes can be conveyed through certain methods of testimony that your lawyer can advise you of, and those child’s wishes will influence a judge. There are also motions that can be filed in order to permit the child to actually appear in front of the judge, and answer questions posed by councils or the judge in order to make some other determinations about the child and where the child will reside. The bottom line in the State of Florida boils down to, what is in the child’s best interest? Not what’s in mom’s best interest or dad’s best interest. What’s in the child’s best interest?

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation