Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law, Divorce & Estate Planning
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

Is there any way to fight back if I am arrested after an illegal search?

Illegal searches happen too often. Many times officers don’t wait to get a proper warrant. If the substances or the charges arose from the police conducting any illegal search and seizure, your attorney can file a motion to suppress that evidence and any evidence that came from that. That’s called fruit of the poisonous tree.

When you speak with your attorney, let them know what happened. We’ll be able to actually pull the warrant, examine the warrant, go through it with you and see how the warrant was obtained, if it was obtained properly and if the police actually followed the procedures as laid out in the warrant. If it was a warrantless search, certainly we can file that motion to suppress as quickly as possible to make your case go away as quickly as possible.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation