Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Port St. Lucie Family & Divorce Attorney > Video FAQs > Divorce > Can I oppose a divorce in Florida?

Can I oppose a divorce in Florida?

Divorces in Florida can be opposed in certain circumstances. What that really means is this:

If one party claims that the marriage is not irretrievably broken, which is the threshold in Florida for a divorce, it’s not a fault issue, it’s just irretrievably broken, they can proceed. If the other party believes no, something can be done to save this marriage, your attorney can make an appeal to the court to abate or pause the divorce proceedings while whatever needs to be done to save the marriage is accomplished such as marital counseling, or just time under certain circumstances that may make the marriage no longer irretrievably broken. That’s something that your attorney needs to discuss with you because those circumstances are very narrow.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Port St. Lucie 8483 S. U.S. Highway One
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34952
Stuart By Appointment Only 100 SW Albany Ave., Suite 300k
Stuart, FL 34994
Fort Pierce By Appointment Only 311 S 2nd St., Suite 102b
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Telephone: 772-466-0707 Fax: 772-223-9290 or 772-466-0907 Office Hours: 8:30 to 5:00pm M-F