Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law & Criminal Defense Attorneys
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

What do I do if I cannot afford to make the bail set in my Florida criminal law case?

You need to talk to your attorney. Your attorney has options for you. We can file motions to reduce the bond. We can file motions for you to be released on your own recognizance, meaning without posting any money. We can arrange for you to be put into some pre-trial programs where perhaps you’ll report to the courthouse on a regular basis and wear an ankle monitor during this time in order to reduce the amount of cash that you would have to outlay to a bail bondsman.

If you don’t let your attorney know what your situation is and your ties to the community and other variables as far as your job situation, any personal health issues, your attorney can’t advocate on your behalf to help you to be released from custody.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation