Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Port St. Lucie Family & Divorce Attorney > Video FAQs > Criminal Defense > How can I clear my criminal record in Florida?

How can I clear my criminal record in Florida?

In Florida, you have one shot in your entire life to seal or expunge your record. If you are adjudicated guilty, you have no opportunity to seal or expunge your record forever. That would be if you were adjudicated guilty of the case 10 years ago and you have a new case, you still can’t seal or expunge your record under the State of Florida laws. So, you’ll want to talk to an attorney because there are a number of offenses that no matter what, you can’t seal or expunge.

The difference between sealing and expunging is, one closes the record off where nobody really has access to it unless there are certain extraordinary circumstances. The other is the records are actually destroyed, that would be an expungement and you can talk to an attorney about which one is best for you and which one is even available to you.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Port St. Lucie 8483 S. U.S. Highway One
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34952
Stuart By Appointment Only 100 SW Albany Ave., Suite 300k
Stuart, FL 34994
Fort Pierce By Appointment Only 311 S 2nd St., Suite 102b
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Telephone: 772-466-0707 Fax: 772-223-9290 or 772-466-0907 Office Hours: 8:30 to 5:00pm M-F