Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law & Criminal Defense Attorneys
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

If a father terminates his parental rights, does he still have to pay child support in Florida?

Once your parental rights are terminated, your child support obligations end at that moment. However, if there is back child support owed, the child still has every right to collect that support. It’s not up to the parents or the remaining parent to say, “I’m okay with no child support” because the child support was actually owed on behalf of the child. If your arrears are $1,500 at the time you terminate your rights, you still owe $1,500 and the Department of Revenue or the parent who still has that child can pursue you for those funds.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation