Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law & Criminal Defense Attorneys
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

What is the first thing that I should do if I am served with a summons and complaint in Florida?

Don’t panic. That’s always the first thing to do. When you read through the papers that were presented to you, there are going to be things in there that you don’t agree with, that may make you angry, that may make you feel frustrated. Don’t worry about it. Those are just requests and statements. That’s not necessarily how this case will end. After you’ve had an opportunity to breathe, you can look at the documents, contact an attorney. Keep all the papers together and make sure that the attorney gets every page that was presented to you.

That way, we can look at them, go through them with you line by line, and make sure that we have the appropriate response. Because once we have the appropriate response, then your requests and your needs can be made known to the court.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation