Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Baginski Brandt & Brandt Port St. Lucie Criminal & Family Attorneys
  • Family Law, Divorce & Estate Planning
  • ~
  • Schedule a Confidential Consultation
  • ~
  • Ask Us About Payment Plans

Port St. Lucie Post Judgment Modification Attorney

Are You Entitled To Any Type Of Modifications?

Whenever there is a legal decision made that involves a monetary settlement, there is a chance that pre or post-judgment modifications will need to be made. There are a number of different situations in which this is likely to occur. In the state of Florida, most of the post-judgment cases that involve assets are handled in civil court instead of being heard in family court. When there are alimony cases that require modifications, they are sometimes handled in family court. There are other situations where this can happen as well. This is up to the discretion of the judges involved.

Child Support And Visitation

If one or more parties can show that there have been significant changes since the child support order was entered, judges can make concessions and allow some changes to be made when it comes to the relationship between one or both parties and the children. Significant changes include things like a change in income, increase job responsibility, changes in living arrangements and the age of the child involved.

Post Judgment Modifications

This kind of case is akin to starting all over and making decisions that will have a large impact on the life of the child. This doesn’t mean that assets and debts will be reconsidered. Alimony is another area where people tend to seek modifications. In most cases, changes can be made, but this will depend on the details of the order. They are handled on a case-by-case basis. Talking to a legal advisor will give you an idea of what can be expected.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation